Email: email@example.com Twitter:@PocketMPolishes Instragram:@FrostFromFire
So much for cutting down on my nail hours this week – I sat down to do a simple spring summer inspired manicure combining pink, green and some sort of flower motif, 3.5 hours later and I have tried four different manicures in 9 different polishes. I am not very happy with the end result but I am calling it a night on nail painting as I really should be getting on with writing thesis.
For these I used BarryM Gelly Pomegranate (which is a raspberry red leaning pink, one coater), BarryM Gelly Watermelon (a blue leaning evergreen green, again one coat) and NYC High Line Green (which is a grassy/appley green, two coats). I stamped on a flower pattern from BM-211 in OPI I Vant To Be A Lone Star (a pale blueish grey with light shimmer) – I was surprised how well this stamped considering the formula is fairly thin.
To make up for this manicure frustration and failure I thought that today I would share with you some random facts about me (hopefully this will go some way to make up for never getting around to doing the blogger award posts too!).
1) I love American Crime/Cop TV shows – The Mentalist, Rizzoli & Isles, Dexter, Rookie Blue (ok, I think this is Canadian but still…), Castle, White Collar, Monk, Bones, to name just a few!
2) I blame this fictional obsession for my thesis subject – I am currently studying the media representation of female killers. Yes, it’s pretty dark and to be honest, I am generally found behind a pillow at the first signs of gore but it’s very interesting. My undergraduate degree was in drama and I have taken a course in scriptwriting since graduating which was amazing!
3) I have two bunnies and I refer to them as my babies… hey, stop judging and look at the cuteness!
They live in our dining room and are very spoiled with treats and fuss, toys and even pillows, it was Dora’s first birthday mid April and will be Teddy’s birthday on the 31st of May.
4) I come from a family of gamers – both of my parents raid in a game called World of Warcraft and I know far too much about the game. I’ve recently started following Tabletop on Youtube which is a show about board and card games hosted by Wil Wheaton and think that more people should play games around a table. I am pretty geeky and you know what I’ll throw in a side fact – I am a born and raised trekkie and I am currently re-watching Stargate SG-1.
5) I have the opposite of only child syndrome, I hate being alone but I am lucky to have a wonderful younger sister who puts up with my attention seeking behaviour. She puts up with a lot and looks after me, despite being in Wales for university (she even paid for the new camera when my old one broke… I will be paying her back though, never fear).
6) I am terrified of bees, wasps and other buzzies which makes the outside a dangerous place for me in the summer and possibly explains why most people think I have an aversion to nature. I love wildlife and wildlife documentaries, I am just not a girl who takes excessive pleasure in romping through the countryside miles from anywhere up to my knees in mud and nasties. I do like the word “romping” though… I feel like I shall embrace “romping” to the shops as a new hobby. I actually went to the zoo in the middle of December for my birthday last year because I am a 23 year old kid and it was what I wanted to do – I want to go again as soon as possible.
7) I am a shopaholic. I do not drink, I do not smoke, my stress release is shopping. I don’t even care what I am buying – I love food shopping, clothes shopping, homeware shopping… you get the idea. Recently my focus has been on nail polish. I come from a long line of collectors and hoarders which possibly explains how my collection has grown so quickly, although no one else in my little nuclear family really like retail therapy so who knows where that came from.
Ok that felt more like a confessional than interesting facts but I hope you found out something new about me anyway! The blog is only 3 followers away from 100 (not including facebook, pinterest and bloglovin) and we now also have twitter so please stalk PocketMPolishes on there too; I have absolutely no idea what I am doing but I am sure I will figure it out eventually. We’re well over 5000 views and 500 likes in our two months of existance so a big thank you to everyone who keeps up with my ramblings – you keep me going some days.
I will try and come up with something awesome for Friday’s post – please leave me some inspiration in the comments! ❤