Guest Starring: Georgie’s Gel Mani
Hi PMP readers! Charlie has very kindly allowed me to do a guest post for you guys and you’ll have to bear with me because I’m not a nail magician like Charlie. In fact, I haven’t been able to wear nail varnish since last September and due to working with my hands a lot, they are in a pretty sorry state. But thanks to a promotion, I can try and get my nails back to their former glory! Consider me in nail rehab.
Today I popped my gel manicure cherry with aplomb. After a tough few days over dealing with awful estate agents, I decided that I needed a little reward. I often shy away from painting my nails at home because somehow I always manage to ruin them in some way or another, no matter how long I leave them to dry. (So if anyone has any tips on that, please let me know).
I decided gel was the way to go because the softer polish helps to grow the nails and that’s exactly what I need right now, a little nail TLC.
For those that don’t know, these are the reasons to go for a Gel Manicure over the regular variety:
- Gel nails can allow those allergic to acrylic or nail resin to enjoy an extension service
- Many gel nail clients report that gel nails feel more natural and less rigid than acrylic nail extensions
- Soft gel nails (gel polish) are easily removed with acetone when soaked for about 8–15 minutes and do little to no damage to the natural nail
- Gel polish manicures can last up to 3 weeks with no chipping, peeling or cracking
- Leaves a glossier finish
- Gel nails do not produce any odor
- The curing time is very fast when using an L.E.D. light
- Gel polish nails mean nails are dry immediately upon completion of the service so no worry about smudging or ruining one’s manicure
I chose Gelish colour Good Gossip, which reminds me of Wizard of Oz and the BarryM equivalent Red Glitter.
Ooops! Forgot add this bit before I posted originally but BIG thanks to Georgie for this post and also welcome back! Georgie writes a great food blog and once you see some of the meals you will forgive her for not dedicating her life to nails! Why not check it out for reviews, recipes and more!