Email: email@example.com Twitter:@PocketMPolishes Instragram:@FrostFromFire
Last week there seemed to be a new wave of people being targeted by haters and trolls – you can read about it HERE and HERE (both of these bloggers – Kerrie and Emma – are great by the way if you want to check out some nails after you’ve caught up on the drama). I decided to do my part in honouring the “No H8” policy in the blog community and painted up my fingers to give it to the trolls. It’s not a superb paint job but I hope it gets the point across! For most of us blogging is about having fun, sharing with people and being creative and it is a shame to see that tainted by negativity from anonymous people hidden behind computer screens.
Rather than having a negative post all the way through I want to take this time to share some of my favourite bloggers (and some of their manis) so you can check them out and love them too. I encourage every who reads a blog that they enjoy to take the time to leave that blogger a nice message – it means a lot to us, more than stats and definitely more than free review samples.
The list: this is in no particular order, it doesn’t include anywhere near all of the amazing bloggers I follow (if I had included all of them is post would be EXCEPTIONALLY long). These are all bloggers that I actively follow and frequently amaze me – I hope to do another of these posts again with some more bloggers, if you guys enjoy this sort of post. I would also love to hear about any blogs I should be checking out in a comment below because sharing is caring!
1) Starfish Polish – I followed Lisa on instagram first and I am always wowed by her creative and bright designs! My most recent favourite design of hers was this beautiful graphic pineapple “print”:
Has anyone else noticed how crazy popular pineapples are this year? Definitely a unique trend for this year, I have a multicoloured pineapple tube skirt so it’s even made its way into MY wardrobe… ANYWAY, back to nails and blogs.
2) Cubbiful – Mina and I started out blogging at a similar times and she kicks my polishy arse with her amazing designs – I have no idea how this girl finds the time or the inspiration but I am always so delighted that she does (I actually get her posts emailed to me so I don’t miss one!).
3) Pretty Quirky – I was so honoured when MO asked me to review her indie polishes, especially when I discovered just how amazing her nails are (no idea what she needed me for). I loved her polishes and I think her blog has some CRACKING nail art on it too.
MO just posted a tutorial for this graphic design and I can’t wait to give it a go! Just got to decide what colours to use… can’t be an exact dupe mani after all (that is not the PMP way).
4) Kerruticles – Claire must be one of the top UK nail bloggers and I am fairly sure she got be into the British Nail Bloggers group and into the “scene” – her paint jobs are always flawless and creative and she’s very conscientious of the rest of the nail and blogging community – giving support to UK indies for example! So massive kudos to this lovely lady.
Some sickeningly awesome free hand daisies here – just makes me think of those really dry summer days when you’re in a heat haze and all you can do is lay in a field.
5) SpecialGirlNails – Cazzy is one of my nail besties, I am not going to pretend like she’s just an awesome blogger because hey, this girl not only inspires me but also actively feeds my nail addiction (thank you so much for your incredible kindness). She is pretty much queen of UK indies – and was also my swatcher when I was selling Glitter Babies – who always has something new and awesome to check out.
Just PHWOOAAARRR. I had no idea which mani to choose to represent her blog but this bit of stamped beautifulness caught my eye, j’adore!
6) Break Rules Not Nails – Michelle is a nail ARTIST and is always pushing the boundaries of creativity with her stunning recreations of famous paintings or avant garde use of materials. We may be in opposite timezones but I love when we manage to find time to chat and I feel like a bit of a cool hipster in being able to say I KNEW HER BEFORE SHE BLOGGED! When I first started out we were both doing the Time Period Challenge in a group called Llama Nails and that challenge (and Michelle’s work) really opened up my eyes to try crazy things and new techniques.
Yes, those are actual bits of mobile phone circuit board on her nails and this is a regularly normal thing for her to stick to her digits… seriously, go look at what this crazy aussie has been up to!
7) Anna Bean – Anna is the most flawless nail painter I know and someone who loves ugly colours as much as me – I have never seen a polish look BAD on her nails and she always follows up with some beautiful “faffage”. Anna is an incredible photographer not just with nails but also with wildlife and an all round lovely person ❤ Crikey, this is turning into a bit of a gush fest, but there we go, I am feeling a lot of love right now.
Anyone else drooling?
8) The Polish Playground – Lisa is not only a very talented blogger but she is also a super dedicated and prolific commenter – I have no idea how she finds the time but she does – always finding something nice to say on a lot of different blogs. I have to say I owe her a lot of comments back but I hope she knows just how much I appreciate her comments and love following her blog too!
I love how chic and cute this design is – it’s another one I’d like to have a go at sometime….
9) Nail Lacquer UK – AJ has the most INCREDIBLE taste in nails, she was ahead of the trend in nail shape and always comes up with cute, chic and impeccable designs (and makes it look so easy to boot). This girl is amazing for lots of reasons but if you’re only interested in nails, that is a very good reason to follow her blog:
I have some very real nail envy going on! I love the combination of colours, the freehand swirls and the lil gem stones – these are real princess nails right here!
10) Pocket Money Polishes… … ahem… no ok, seriously, last one is… OMG I FEEL LIKE I AM CHOOSING BETWEEN MOST BELOVED FRIENDS… … …. …. ……. WAAAHHH *composes self*
10) Penny Pinching Polish – Sarah does things with striping tape and colour and texture that is forever blowing my mind, she is also another one of those lovely ladies who has nothing but passion for what she does. She is also one of those people who is so overly critical of her own work I can find it heartbreaking – so please join me in showing her work some love because you can tell a lot of time and effort goes into these manis and oh boy is it work it for the results:
If you’re still looking for more wonderful bloggers to follow I am going to sneak in these shout outs: Bite No More (official queen of water marbling), Knitty Nails (beautiful swatches with matchy matchy knitwear) and Simply Into My Nails (someone who loves OPI as much as me and also does some great videos)… I could go on… so there. THIRTEEN AMAZING MINDBLOWING blogs by LOVELY ladies. I hope you will check them all out… just don’t leave me for them! 😉