Stephanie Says…Summer and Fourth of July Cocktails!
It is officially summer! Bring on the BBQ’s! What goes along with BBQs? Drinking, of course!
Some of these I’ve made and some I cannot wait to try! They all look so yummy! Enjoy! Don’t forget to drink responsibly!
- Fourth of July: Yes that is the actually name of the drink! It’s a layered drink with red, white and clear layers (pomegranate, blue curacao and vodka). You can actually use cream in place of the vodka to make the clear layer white, but then two of the layers are non-alcoholic. It looks perfectly festive with the clear vodka layer.
- Pineapple and Peach Sangria: I have made this on multiple occasions and it was pretty much gone in an instant.
- White wine of your choice. I like things sweeter so I went with a Riesling. I used the whole big bottle.
- ¼ cup peach moonshine (of course I added more!)
- ¼ pineapple moonshine (I couldn’t find pineapple moonshine so I did pineapple juice and vodka.)
- ¼ cup of sugar (I didn’t add as much since the wine and fruit are already sweet)
- Fruit (peaches, pineapple, strawberries)
- Mix everything together and let it sit before serving so all the flavors marry together.
- Red and Blue Pop Rocks Shooters: How fun and yummy does this look?! These patriotic shooters start out with a crackle and fizz from the Pop Rocks candy, just like fireworks in your mouth and ends with the “good stuff” the sweet yummy taste of alcohol.
- Red or Blue Pop Rocks Candy
- Light Corn Syrup
- Creamer or sprouted mixing cup
- Half and Half
- Maui Blue Hawaiian Schnapps
- Bar Spoon
- Brush corn syrup around the rim of the glass, then dip the rim into the Pop Rocks until fully coated.
- Pour grenadine in the glass until 1/3 full.
- In a creamer or spouted mixing cup, mix one part half and half to two parts schnapps.
- Slowly pour the creamy schnapps mixture over the bar spoon or over the back of a spoon so the dense mixture rests on top of the grenadine.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
- Cran Razzy: Here is a little twist on a classic drink. This drink won’t break the waist-line this summer. To keep calories in check, use seltzer along with juice in drinks like vodka and cranberry. This version gets a raspberry twist with cranberry-raspberry juice and raspberries for garnish. For the prettiest garnish, start with big, plump fresh raspberries and freeze them yourself.
- Cranberry-Raspberry Juice
- Mix everything together, throw in the frozen raspberries, squeeze (or ganish) with a lime and throw it down the hatch!
- For another twist: try Cranberry-Grape Juice and add frozen grapes!
I hope everyone enjoys all of their summer BBQs! Drink Responsibility, remember the drinking rule of thumb for every drink you have pair it with a glass of water! Hydration is key.
As always, thank you for reading Stephanie Says!
Follow me on:
Facebook: Pocket Money Polishes: Stephanie Says